Friday, November 22, 2013

Sizzix Angel Wings Cards and Gift Wrap

I have been buying more dies for my new Sizzix Shapeboss and couldn't resist the angel wings, so I bought the embossing folder along with the layered wings die.

What I like most about crafting is designing my own projects and combining techniques and Sizzix have made endless opportunities for us to do this

This is how cards look with embossed wings and snowflakes. I think the result is a really simple but effective and would be beautiful just by adding some sparkle (I use DecoArt Glamour Dust) and a tag

 

I made 2 cards with wings embellished with Tim Holt Distress Ink, and added little metal stars and rhinestones using jewellery glue



.........next I wrapped a box with brown paper (no vinegar, but I am sure there must be a technique where you could lol). I painted on a thick layer of Mod Podge and sprinkled on some fake snow and added lace and a tag.

I sourced the angel and tag images from The Graphics Fairy.......take a look, Karen has loads of wonderful seasonal graphics
Please firgive me if the layout here is not right ie pics may be too large. This is the first time I have used Blogsy (the only way I can find to post pics from my iPad)

 

1 comment:

  1. Love the gift wrap --- Sweet, sweet & perfect on the kraft paper. As always - lovely.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for visiting my blog. Please leave a message if you enjoyed your visit, thanks, Gill