Thursday, January 30, 2014

Wine Glass Tea Light Shades

"Thrifty Shades this Way"

these little wine glass candle shades are so pretty and are very easy to make with vellum. They look beautiful on a dressing table, mantelpiece or wedding table. They are for use only with a battery operated tea light for safety


Materials: 
1 x wine glass
 1 x battery operated tea light*
 1 x piece of card stock
 1 x sheet A4 vellum ( I used 140 gsm)
 Pearl Ex powder,
Hair spray
Vellum tape or dots
Rubber stamp/s

* do NOT use a normal tea light for obvious safety reasons

How to make:
1. Print the design on to card
2 . Place a piece of vellum over the card and trace the design
2. Cut the vellum inside the markings
3. Stamp the design (see below)
4. Stick the edges together at overlap ( it is best to use vellum tape or dots)
5. Place the tea light in a wine glass and add the shade

I decorated the shades by rubber stamping using a Versamark pad, and then brushing on Pearl  Ex Mica Powder - this gives a lovely pearlised lustre and does not require use of a heat gun.

The next step was to brush off the excess powder with a soft brush (I use a mop brush)

Finally I set the powder with hairspray and added some DecoArt Glamour Dust.......because I love sparkle!

for this one I added some dots with a stylus dipped in DecoArt Americana paint
.......and some punched butterflies


TEMPLATE
I think I will be making lots if these.........maybe another 47, get it ? lol
Gill


1 comment:

  1. These are adorable! It opens all sorts of possibilities. Thank you so much for sharing. You are a very creative lady!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for visiting my blog. Please leave a message if you enjoyed your visit, thanks, Gill